- Ruby on Rails
- Node JS
- Git/Build Tools/Docker
Software Engineer at Rocket Insights – April 2021 – Present
- Building a Next.JS Front-end Platform used for Sodexo’s My Way CMS service they offer to universities. It consumes data from a custom C# REST API whose content is managed by a Tridion CMS.
- Managing a Next.JS application that uses Firebase’s Authentication and Firestore service so there is no actual backend to the application. This is a Back-to-School campaign planning application used by various school districts in Ohio that was created for the Cleveland Brown’s Charity foundation.
- Managing a Ruby on Rails Middleware API used by SA Recycling to automatically issue and load Bank of America Prepaid gift cards from their POS systems. This middleware API has loaded over $2,000,000.00 onto cards so far.
Senior Full Stack Developer at Vertex Software Corporation – July 2019 – April 2021
- Lead a team of 3-4 developers who migrated MerckVaccines.com and Merck.com off of the Tridion platform onto WordPress VIP and continue to manage the entire codebase of the site. This team is also responsible for developing and maintaining the design system used by various Merck brands and properties around the web. This design system utilizes custom React components to extend the Gutenberg Editor.
- Integrated the Q4 Web API and IEX Cloud API into Merck.com to automatically pull in all SEC filings, stock information, press releases sent over the wire, and more.
- Experienced building, maintaining and working within complex CI/CD environments that use build tools like gulp and are version controlled with tools like Git or SVN.
- Worked on an Angular telemedicine web application for Austin Regional Clinic that allows patients and doctors to perform regular appointments via live chat that allows for video chatting and more.
- Developed a behavioral fitness program application that included implementing an analytics dashboard to show users’ progress in various aspects of their fitness journey. This application also included a location-based social media aspect of the site that allows users to live chat with others in their area. I also implemented a feature of the site that integrates with Google Maps API to display healthy food options around a user’s location.
Full Stack Developer at Vertex Software Corporation – August 2018 – July 2019
- Built an entire suite of applications for a lab test company titled Wellnicity that included building an eCommerce site, business management platform, a protocol generator, and custom REST API endpoints so labs around the globe could automatically send over lab results that are used by the protocol generation to create custom supplemental regimens.
- Built calculator applications for IBM that would grade businesses’ storage maturity against 800 competitors that integrated with an API to create custom PDF reports based on the user’s data.
- Built calculator applications used Onix, Agosto, Dell & More to assess the potential savings a business could see by switching their enterprise over to Google Chromebooks. This also was integrated with an API to automatically create custom PDF reports based on the user’s data using graphs and more to show cost savings in various IT categories.
- Managed legacy codebase for DefensiveDrivingOnline.com that included things like creating the code that actually creates the certifications, redeveloping the video course section of the website, and more.
Full Stack Freelance Developer – August 2017 – August 2018
- Designed & Developed 7+ websites.
- Developed 30+ MQL4 Indicators and Expert Advisors (MQL4 is a Built-in language Based on C)
- Developed 5+ Python Scripts to either scrape, pull and/or analyze data.
- Developed 10+ HTML email templates.
- Implemented 3+ APIs into clients websites (Facebook, Instagram, SEM Rush, PayPal, Stripe).
Web Developer/Digital Marketing at Solare Energy – March 2016 – August 2017
- Managed Ad Words/Bing PPC campaigns with a monthly ad spend ranging between $30,000-$80,000.
- Designed, developed & optimized all of the landing pages we drove PPC traffic to.
- Through PPC & landing page optimization I managed to reduce the company’s CPA (Cost Per Acquisition) by 51% and increase their landing page conversion rate by 134%.
- Managed Organic SEO campaign. Increased organic traffic by 117% over 6 months.
- This was a contract only role where I worked remotely from Denver, CO.
Bachelors of Business Administration – Johnson & Wales University Denver – August 2017
- Received the Presidential Scholarship.
- Dean’s List.
- Graduated Cum Laude.
- Achieved 1st place worldwide in GLO-BUS(The Global Business Simulation Strategy Game) competition.